The Santa Couple Idaho – About Us
- Vernon and Ellen were married in 1963
- Parents to four children
- Grandparents of nineteen
- Great Grandparents of fifteen
- Santa served as Pastor in three churches in Oregon for 35 years
- Mrs. Claus taught all ages of children in Sunday School during those years
- Retired to Idaho in 2000
- Mrs. Claus has a passion for helping folks write their life story
- Santa enjoys keeping their yard looking nice
- They attend Ten Mile Christian Church in Meridian
- They love serving as “The Santa Couple” in retirement
It all began in 2001 when the beard turned white, and folks started calling Vernon “Santa.” Ellen offered to make him a Santa suit and has it ever been fun. It took a couple of years for Ellen to make her dress and join Santa on his visits. She did not like sitting home alone while he was having all the fun. His suits have been upgraded from home-made to profession through the years.
They have traveled to Portland, Oregon and Branson, Missouri for professional Santa training. They continue to read and take courses online to keep their Santa skills polished just for you.
It has been a great retirement activity that they highly recommend to any other natural white bearded guys. We will even help you get started. There is a great market for Santa’s in the Treasure Valley. Email or call us for more information.